Everyone loves a good breakfast, but what if you need to eat on the go? Or what if the idea of a large plate of greasy eggs and bacon makes your stomach do a flip ? Boy oh boy, do I have an exciting recipe for you.
Introducing the handy, dandy Breakfast Cups! Instant breakfast in the size of a muffin. You can enjoy them with a cup of coffee, kicked back on your couch watching re-runs of Cops. Or you can eat one on the go during your Monday denial stage. I recommend the first option.
– 6 eggs
– 6 slices of bread (your flavor choice)
– 6 slices of bacon
– To taste: salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes
1. Cook slices of bacon over medium-high heat until they are slightly crispy. Don’t over-cook; the bacon will continue to cook in the oven.
2. Flatten your bread slices until they are 1/2 as thick as normal. Cut a circle out of the center of each slice, then cut the circle in half. Line 6 muffin cups with halves of bread. Use leftover bread pieces to patch any holes in the cups.
3. Place 1 strip of bacon into each muffin cup. Then, crack 1 egg into each muffin cup.
4. Season the tops of the eggs.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg white has set.