About two weeks ago, I tempted your taste buds with a delicious blueberry oatmeal scone recipe. As promised, I have another blueberry recipe to share as a result from a fun day of blueberry picking with my guy.
Talk about working up a sweat! No, not that kind of sweat. Get your head out of the gutter… have you no shame?! Farm work is hot. Again, no… not what you’re thinking. Ahem, moving on.
Today’s recipe is a quick five-minute blueberry coffee cake. This recipe is perfect for when you need a quick taste of dessert, without the I’m-so-full-my-buttons-will-pop feeling. Oh, and did I mention you make it in the microwave? Hold on to your seats now, folks!
Five-Minute Blueberry Coffee Cake
– 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
– 2 Tbs. sugar
– 2 ½ tsp. cinnamon applesauce
– ¼ cup flour + 2 Tbs. flour
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of baking powder
– 3 drops vanilla extract
– ½ tsp. cinnamon
– ½ tsp. nutmeg
– 1 Tbs. brown sugar
1. In a coffee mug, mix together 1 Tbs. of butter and the sugar.
2. Mix in applesauce, ¼ cup flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg, and ¼ tsp. of cinnamon. Spread the cake mixture in the bottom of the mug.
3. Lay the blueberries on top of the cake mixture.
4. In a side bowl, mix together 1 Tbs. of butter, 2 Tbs. of flour, 1 Tbs. of brown sugar, and ¼ tsp. of cinnamon. Once this is well blended, spread over the top of the blueberry and cake mixture.
5. Microwave on high from 1 to 3 minutes. Check the center to see when cake mix is cooked through.