Before I dive into this post, I must first apologize how delayed I have been in publishing it! My older laptop is truly a vortex of hell. It’s so frustrating attempting to use it that I just don’t. However, I’ve learned pretty quickly when you reject modern technology, the results are: no blog posts, dwindling daily visits, late school assignments, and a general out-of-touchness with the blogosphere.
A few weeks ago, the talented Ashley of Everything is Blooming nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. As a generally novice blogger, I was flabbergasted and tickled pink. Yes, both at once! I immediately hopped up from the chair and went running to find my guy to share the news. Whether it happens once, or happens daily, feedback and recognition from readers is so fulfilling and invigorating!
The rules of this award are as follows:
– Thank the person who nominated you and link to them in your post
– Share seven unknown things about yourself
– Nominate other bloggers and blogs you like or admire
– Contact the bloggers you nominate to let them know and to link them back to your post so they can read the rules
For starters, thank you so much, Ashley! I look up to your writing and reader base. I first stumbled upon Ashley’s blog when she was Freshly Pressed and I’ve been a dedicated reader since. If you aren’t already a reader of hers, you’re missing out. Go! Step to it!
Now, for step two. Here’s seven things you probably don’t know (or want to know) about me:
1. I don’t like drinking out of glasses. I like plastic, and I have to smell the plastic before pouring a beverage inside. I chalk this up to my odd fear of drinking dish detergent.
2. Up until I ditched the subject in college, I learned how to speak French fluently in high school.
3. I hate the color orange. I find it offensive (except in fall-related matters).
4. I lived on the West side of Baltimore, Maryland for a year. Yes, the neighborhoods from The Wire. Let me just say, the show doesn’t even serve justice to how violent and frightening that city is.
5. I have “good morning” songs I sing to my dog on the weekends. And he looks forward to them.
6. I began writing a book a few years ago that was a satiric memoir. I’ve shelved that idea for now, and am forming the plot for a fictional novel. Eek!
7. I used to write Backstreet Boy fan-fiction. I’m not even kidding you. I had 1000+ readers that subscribed to my stories, which resulted in my mother having to call AOL weekly due to the absurd amount of emails I sent.
If you haven’t been frightened away and are still here… thank you. We are now at the most exciting step, which is my nominees. I know the original rules say to nominate around 15 blogs, but that seems really excessive. Plus, I am truly a lover and reader of every blog that I subscribe to. Based on this gigantic life fork in the road, I simply chose seven nominees to match up to my seven random facts. Please don’t judge my type-A personality, I promise it’s not entirely OCD-ish.
1. Chubby Madness – This is my heterolifemate’s blog. We met in Baltimore, so she deserves an award with me just for surviving, no joke. Her blog is all about being body positive and loving yourself, no matter what your weight!
2. Becoming Mindy – A recent blog that I came across. Mindy has a great writing style and a mix of serious and comical posts.
3. Everything Is Blooming – Am I breaking the rules by re-nominating Ashley? Am I creating a terrifying endless mirror-esque circle of nominations? I don’t care either way; she’s talented, funny, and snarky. Love her posts!
4. Malibu Mom – Every post cracks me up. Susanna has an honest, open opinion on being a mother, which is so refreshing.
6. Catherine, Caffeinated – Catherine is a self-published author from Ireland. Her blog is full of helpful hints, tips, and posts. She also mixes in posts about writing, reading, travelling, and books. I love her writing!
7. Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity – I first found Trish’s blog through the Pin It Do It challenge, but I am now an avid reader. Now matter what you’re looking for – recipes, crafts, family fun, writing – it’s there!