Despite being pretty scarce through February, I have received four more awards this month! I’m starting to wonder if y’all are nominating me for awards because I haven’t been posting. I can just see it now… you’re sitting there mischievously rubbing your hands together, methodically planning how to shut me up. Or at least that’s what I’d think if I was a paranoid delusional lady.
I really cannot thank you all enough. Writing is my heart… I would write from morning until night if possible. Unfortunately, these small things like a full-time career and graduate school keep getting in my way. The nerve!
Nonetheless, I want to say a true thank you to everyone. While blog awards may seem silly to some, to me it says: there’s a reader who cares. There’s a reader whose engaged and wanting more. That and that alone is enough to always make me crave writing, eager to satisfy any audience members with the newest ideas or laughter.
For any of these awards, you are typically supposed to say some silly jazz about yourself and then nominate others. Considering I just did both silly jazz and nominations earlier this month, I am just going to post the received awards and save the nominations for a later time and date. What can I say? I do what I want.
Elizabeth from Chubby Madness re-nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award and the Very Inspiring Blogger award. She is a lovely and talented blogger, writing about self-acceptance and women’s issues. You have to check her out!
And lastly, Mindy from Becoming Mindy nominated me for the Liebster award! I am very excited about this award because you can only be nominated for it if you have 200 subscribers or less. Right now I’m tipping the scales at 198… my Liebster time almost expired. Thank you so much, Mindy!
The Liebster award is accompanied by 11 questions from Mindy…
1. What is your dream job? Why? My dream job is to be a published author, but not famous. After publishing enough books to make a nice savings account, I would like to own a coffeehouse meets newsstand establishment, where I sell local books, newspapers, coffee, and bakery treats. As for why? Because it would make me deliriously happy.
2. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? Living (I stopped breathing and died a lot as an infant, but that’s another story for another day); graduating college; starting a memorial scholarship for my boyfriend who passed away; and that’s all I can drum up. I’m young still, don’t judge.
3. If you could have one superpower what would it be? What would you do first? Who (if anyone) would you tell about your ability? I would be able to read minds. The first thing I would do is confront liars and assholes, then tell my boyfriend and my best friend all about it.
4. What popular notion do you think the world is currently wrong about? This whole new/old obsession with breastfeeding in public. Not meaning to hate on anyone, but I have boobs and still feel extremely strong about the fact they don’t need to be flashed about in public to feed a child.
5. What is your favorite part of your body? Why? My eyes are my favorite part of my body because they stand out in a good way.
6. What do you think people misunderstand most about you? People misunderstand my quiet nature, especially in work settings. I like being alone and I’m very introverted. People mistake this as being cold or anti-social. In reality, I’m just very shy and like to keep to myself. And I don’t like women in work settings 99% of the time, so it’s just easier to stay solo.
7. What 10 things do you hope to be remembered for when you die? I hope I am remembered for my: kindness, nurturing nature, honesty, humor, writing, care for the disadvantaged, care for animals, loyalty, care for family, and my awesomeness in general.
8. List 3 legitimate fears that you have and why these things frighten you. The dark, worms, and David Bowie’s face. I’m afraid of the dark for several reasons but mainly due to my nightmare issues. I’m afraid of worms because in a one year period when I was a child, at three different places, I found a worm in my food. And David Bowie’s face is just plain horrifying.
9. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what food would you choose? Pizza.
10. List 3 life events that shaped the person you are today. Graduating college, having a boyfriend pass away, and moving out of state.
11. Does the meaning of your name fit your personality? If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why? My name sucks, hands down. I love my parents and all, but I’m not quite sure what they were thinking with my name. If I could choose a name to fit my personality, it would be Lucy because it is much more free-flowing and laid back than the child-esque name I’m stuck with for life.